Here are details of the services for the season of Lent and Easter here at the City of Edinburgh Methodist Church, 25 Nicolson Square, EH8 9BX.
Everyone is most welcome.
- Our Chapel is open for quiet meditation.
- PALM SUNDAY 9 April: services 11am and 6.30pm.
- Wednesday 12 April: Short service for Holy Week at 12 noon led by the church’s ‘Wednesday @The Well’ group.
- MAUNDY THURSDAY 13 April: jointly with St Peter’s, foot-washing service 7.30pm.
- GOOD FRIDAY 14 April:
We join with others from Newington Churches Together for a ‘Walk of Witness’
10am – 11am, starting at Craigmillar Park Church (2A Craigmillar Park, Edinburgh EH16 5LZ) and finishing here at Nicolson Square, stopping at St Columba’s and St Peter’s on the way.
St Peter’s will also have three hour vigil (Noon – 3pm), Stations of the Cross, the seven last words with representatives from each church giving a short reflection, and brief reflective session round the cross to conclude. St Peter’s address is Lutton Pl, Edinburgh EH8 9PE.
Good Friday Service here at 7pm.
- EASTER SUNDAY 16 April: services 11am and 6.30pm.